Magazine Advert Mood-board
I've created a mood board to show a variation in advertising within the indietronica/electronic genre in order to visualise the different trends stereotypically affiliated with these genres as we are focussing on the indietronica genre. Although there wasn't a great choice of advertisements for these genres I also decided to show with one how the advertising is not always magazine based. This gives more insight into the different marketing techniques that are usually used in order to grab more attention from a wide variety of audiences. The advertisements used for this particular genre are rather simplistic, it again influences an idea that the artists prefer simplicity as this doesn't gain attention due to the image of the artist or the artwork but more towards the music. Females that are used within the advertising mainly the singers of the bands aren't overly sexualised, their faces are the main feature instead of their bodies which can be stereotypically seen within the pop genre. The advertisements don't tend to have a mass amount of colour or text to them, again adding to the idea of simplicity rather than audiences being attracted by bold statements. After looking at the advertisements the album covers of these artists/bands tend to be the full advertisement as opposed to a different image. However The XX did this differently as they used a very simplistic photograph in order to gain attention through the advertisement. I think the idea of simplicity would be the preferable route to follow when creating the final ancillaries as it appears to be the most common trend affiliated with the indietronica genre. Although I would like to create ancillaries that feature a bold statement, the idea of anonymity and simplicity seems to be the one that would connect with the music video more. I will experiment with a variation of techniques and ideas on Photoshop in order to create more bolder advertisement and album cover images.