Costume Ideas

The costume side of mise en scene within the indietronica genre isn't an immense idea towards the music video, the genre encourages the idea of individuality and being yourself. This means the costume selected will not be of major importance within the music video. However I have decided to focus on the fashion that the audience of this genre tend to stereotypically wear, this can create the idea of the music video being connected to the audience in a subtle way. The main choice of fashion the audience goes for is vintage, I've only chosen a couple of ideas of clothing that could be selected to wear within the music video.








 My first choice is a re-worked vintage black velvet shirt that features spike studs on the collar. I think this would be a great choice to wear within the video as it doesn't show a bold pattern and a black colour choice could relate to the sadness that the female character will be showing within the music video. It's a large shirt which could influence the idea of the shirt being a blanket of vulnerability of the character in the music video.



 I have also chosen to put some high waisted vintage denim shorts to match with the shirt as the shorts are actually an old pair of mens jeans cut into shorts, this can give the idea of vulnerability due to men or again a sign of protection due to them being too big for her. I feel this would be another subtle way to give a hidden meaning through the costume, influencing the girls emotions through the costume.

 Another choice to use within the music video is another vintage reworked item of clothing, this being a sleeveless light denim jacket. I think it would make a good choice as this is a popular item of clothing that the majority of the audience will wear. It could be featured as a costume idea for a short period of time within the music video, I wouldn't put this as the main costume as I don't think it would be able to match with other choices of clothes however I've put it within the list as a possible idea to feature.







 I have selected two choices for possible footwear, both being pairs of vintage shoes that I own and feel would fit well with the style that I'm trying to create for the character within the music video. My first choice is a pair of black and white platformed brogues; these would be a good choice as they would match the outfit and create the idea of a vintage inspired costume that I am personally opting to go for. My second footwear choice is a pair of 90s vintage black 3 hole doc martens. I feel this choice would be an excellent choice as doc martens are a popular footwear choice the audience of the indietronica genre would go for. Furthermore the idea of black shoes shows the sadness of the character and ensures that not a great amount of attention is not brought to the footwear but more towards the character herself.